7 Tips that will help you look younger and live longer

7 Tips that will help you look younger and live longer

Aging isn’t just about how many years you’ve been on Earth. It’s about what you’ve been doing during that time. Studies have shown, that chronological aging and biological aging are very different. That’s why you may see a 40 year old who already looks like he’s 60, and
a 70 year old who looks like he’s 40.

Only about 20% of your rate of biological aging can be blamed on your genetic code.The remaining 80% is based on environmental and lifestyle factors, many of which you have control over. – LifeHack

We can take control of some of these factors by following the 7 tips below.

1. It’s time to hit the weights

Studies have shown that strength training, can slow down muscle loss due to aging. It also can result in muscle gain for individuals into their 70’s. It shows the best types of exercise work multiple muscles, like squats, lunges, dead-lifts, push-ups, pull ups, and bench presses.

2. Eat like the Mediterraneans

You can improve your cognitive function by following a Mediterranean diet, which includes fish, poultry, fruits, vegetables, oliive oil, seeds, nuts, legumes and even alcohol, just don’t drink to much of it.

3. Drink a Glass of Red with Dinner

Resveratrol, an antioxidant-like compound, is highly concentrated in red wine, and is known to slow aging. But you must still drink in moderation, just 1 to 2 glasses per day.

4. Start running

Aerobic exercise will improve your heart, vascular, and brain function. Get out and run 4 to 5 times a week, and try and sign up for a 5k race in your area.

5. Go the *F* to sleep

Lack of sleep as we age, is known to increase our risk of decreased cognitive ability, testosterone levels, and even damage our skin. 6 to 8 hours of good sleep is necessary to not speed up the aging process.

6. Have more sex with your partner

Having regular sex (up to 3 times per week), with your committed partner, could make you look four to seven years younger.

“The key ingredients for looking younger are staying active … and maintaining a good sex life.” – Dr. Weeks

7. Go outside

Get out and stay active. Whether it be yard work, a walk in the park, going for a swim, or taking a bike ride, just get out and go. Physical activity is still the most important factor in the fight against aging.

If you follow these 7 tips, you’ll start feeling and looking younger, and should live longer. Here’s to taking a hike to the century club.

I’ll cheers to that, with a glass of red wine of course!!!

Around The Web

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.